2017 Athletics NSW Target Talent Program
The Athletics New South Wales Target Talent Program (ANSW TTP) is a high performance pathway program funded and regulated in partnership with Athletics Australia. It is strongly aligned with activities of the Athletics Australia High Performance Department and has been established to:
· Act as the early talent identification component of Athletics Australia’s AIS Winning Edge strategy.
· Encourage the best young athletes in the State by inviting them to be part of a State level squad and participate in development opportunities.
· Encourage and develop the best local coaches through recognising them as TTP Event Coaches.
· Create meaningful contact in the off-season between TTP Event Coaches and the best young athletes in the State and their personal coaches.
· By identifying and engaging New South Wale’s best junior athletes and coaches through development opportunities, the ANSW TTP aims to encourage them to achieve their potential and go on to represent Australia at youth, junior and senior levels.
Selected athletes who meet the inclusion criteria and their personal coaches will be invited to attend ANSW TTP Squad Days which will incorporate a combination of relevant event group training clinics and education based information sessions.