All coaches who successfully complete an accredited Level 1 Community Athletics Coach course receive membership with Athletics Australia as well as their state association. Current members with an active coaching accreditation receive the following benefits:
- Accreditation with the Australian Sports Commission through the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme;
- Eligibility to attend higher level accreditation courses;
- Eligibility to be endorsed to deliver athletics as part of the Sporting Schools initiative;
- Public liability insurance up to $20,000,000 for any one occurrence;
- Products liability insurance up to $20,000,000 for any one insurance period;
- Professional Indemnity insurance up to $5,000,000 for any one period of insurance;
- Personal injury insurance;
- A coaching accreditation card mailed to you;
- Our monthly Coaches Newsletter emailed to you;
- Access to coaching resources and technical support from Athletics Australia;
- An individual editable entry on the Athletics Australia's searchable iCoach database;
- Discounts on selected athletics events;
- Free entry to the annual Coach's Breakfast;
- Access to the Accredited Athletics Coach Resource Database;
- Free entry to selected council owned facilities to deliver training sessions;
- Eligibility to attend professional development opportunities offered by Athletics Australia and your State Association;
- Access to mentor coaches where available via the National Coach Mentor Database;
- Eligibility to be selected as a coach on an Australian national team or on a member association representative team.
For more information regarding the coaching insurance policy click here.
At the end of your 12 month period you must renew your membership if you wish to maintain your active accreditation. This requires the completion of the member protection declaration and payment. You are able to renew your membership online by clicking here.
Any coaching membership inquiries should be directed to Blair Taylor at email@example.com or by calling 03 8646 4580.