Athletics NSW aims to encourage, conduct, promote and administer the sport of athletics in NSW. Our purpose is to foster the appreciation of development of athletics in NSW by:
Athletics NSW has recently updated its strategic vision to looking to provide a sport which meets the participation motivations of everyone engaged in any form or running, walking, throwing or a variant of each. As part of our commitment to this vision we have adapted our affiliation process to incorporate Clubs and Groups that reflect these motivations, specifically recreational running. Both formalised athletics clubs and recreational groups are encouraged to apply for affiliation with ANSW.
- providing leadership and direction to clubs, athletes, coaches and officials;
- supporting all athletes to reach their potential. This ranges from grassroots through to elite athletes (who are competing internationally and representing Australia);
- growing participation in a sustainable way through the delivery of well-run competitions.
The affiliation process involves the submission of documents, assessment of these documents by ANSW and potentially a meeting of the proposed Club. This process can take up to a month or longer to complete.
The first step is to complete either the Affiliation or Specialised Affiliation Form which requires the following information
- Proposed administrative structure including the roles of president, secretary and treasurer
- Provision of working with children checks for each office bearer
- Proposed strategy of financial stability
- Current facilities and equipment available to club members for the purpose of training
- Projected members numbers and estimated entrants into ANSW events.
- All members must be submitted to ANSW for insurance purposes.
- Images of current or proposed uniform
- The clubs bank details
The form also requires an explanation on how the Club/Group intends to meet the following definition from the ANSW Constitution along with any supporting document’s such as Club Constitution.
‘Member Club means an organisation or other financially sustainable and properly governed entity conducting Athletics in New South Wales that is approved by the Board to affiliate in accordance with this Constitution.’
The second step involves ANSW assessing the documents submitted and any extra feedback or necessary changes will be addressed.
Finally, if all areas meet ANSW guidelines, the form will be approved by the Athletics NSW office and sent to the ANSW board for further approval. Upon this, the club will receive a welcome pack including a post affiliation document and assistant on any areas the Club may need.