Athletics NSW jobs are advertised through SportsPeople. There are no current vacancies.
Board of Directors
Athletics NSW is seeking applications to immediately fill a casual board vacancy.
On a skills-based basis, we are seeking interest from experienced directors willing and able to volunteer time and who can supplement our current board with deep skills and experience in some or all of the following areas:
· Sports marketing
· Government and commercial fund-raising for NFPs
About you: Our volunteers are primarily motivated by the desire to contribute to a leading governing body which represents the diverse and vibrant sporting and recreation movement that is Athletics in NSW. We also seek to maintain diversity within our board across gender, age, ethnicity, location, and other backgrounds, to best reflect the perspectives of our wide membership. It is a unique opportunity to lead the way and effect change in a sport that you love, and enjoy the occasional sandwich and cup of coffee with other like-minded volunteers.
What to expect: Our Constitution requires directors appointed to fill casual vacancies by the Board to be ratified as directors by the membership at the next AGM (in August this year) and then serve a full term of 2 years before being again eligible to nominate for re-election.
All enquiries should be directed to the Chairman of the Board of Directors, Dr Peter Higgins. All enquiries will be treated in the strictest of confidence, but those on the short list will be interviewed by a panel. Please direct all enquiries to Peter.Higgins@nswathletics.org.au
Athletics NSW ( ANSW) is currently seeking three talented and ambitious students to join the Athletics NSW internship program.
The Intern position is a volunteer role based in the Athletics NSW office, whereby the successful candidate will gain practical experience in sports administration and regulation. Athletics NSW currently has a number of positions available in which the applicant must be available a minimum of one ( 1) day per week. The ideal candidate will use this opportunity to satisfy course- credit or work experience requirement for university of college.
The following positions available include;
( Please find these roles attached)
The desirable candidate qualities include;
- Second to fourth year university students;
- Studying business, Marketing, Sports management/ Science, Education or Arts
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Familiarity with Athletics; and
- Desire to work with a state sporting body
Should you be interested in applying for the program, please send a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletics NSW operates four advisory panels:
- Competition Advisory Panel (CAP) - Athletics NSW are currently seeking Expressions of Interest for individuals to join the CAP. If you are interested, please submit your EOI to Athletics NSW Competition Manager, Ben Offereins, at email@example.com.
- Officials Advisory Panel (OAP);
- Awards Advisory Panel; and
- Participation and Development.
Expressions of interest will be publicized when relevant.